The Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii Foundation Scholarship Program 2023
Mission of the Scholarship Program
The Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii Foundation promotes the pursuit of higher education by awarding scholarship grants to deserving Hawaii high school seniors.
Amount of Scholarships
The Chamber’s Scholarship Program is funded from the proceeds of the Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii Foundation Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament. From previous years, over $30,000.00 in scholarships were awarded. Scholarships are subject to availability of funds.
- Applicant must be a Hawaii resident.
- Applicant must be a high school senior graduating in 2023 with a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (through the 1st semester of 2022-2023SY).
- Applicant must be accepted to a four -year college or university.
- Applicant must provide 3 letters of recommendation.
- Applicant must complete the application and provide all required documents by the stated deadline. The Scholarship Judges reserve the right to request supplemental materials from any applicant.
The Scholarship Judges’ decision will be based on the applicant’s academic record, activities, awards, and honors, and a one-page short essay. Please note the one-page limitation for the essay is strictly enforced and your application will not be forwarded to the Scholarship Judges. All decisions by the Scholarship Judges are final.
The completed application and all supporting documents must be RECEIVED (not postmarked) in the Filipino Chamber Foundation’s post office box at the above-stated address, no later than 5:00PM on Friday, May 5, 2023.
ABSOLUTELY NO EXTENSIONS OR EXCEPTIONS WILL BE GRANTED.
Mr. Zhoydell C. Magaoay
Scholarship Committee Chairperson
Download the Application
To download the application, please click the button below!