The Filipino Chamber of Commerce Fellows Program 2022 is Now Open for Applicants!
In Hawaii, Filipinos or part-Filipinos currently make up approximately 25% of the population. They are strongly represented in labor and service positions, and are underrepresented in leadership and/or executive management positions. (Estimations suggest that Filipinos hold less than 3% of high level executive and leadership positions in Hawaii.) The Filipino Chamber Fellows program is geared to provide more equity by uplifting Filipino-American people.
- Identify and develop emerging leaders of Filipino heritage across the Hawaiian Islands.
- Expand the breadth of knowledge in various industries to build a holistic viewpoint of Hawaii’s ecosystem.
- Cultivate a civic-minded awareness.
- Encourage an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Enhance leadership skills through hands-on planning and implementation of solutions for current community- or business-related challenges.
- Connect prominent leaders with future leaders who show potential to impact the community and business.
- Create a network of community and/or business leaders.
The program will include topics from various industries along with opportunities to share personal experiences within the cohort to equip each Fellow with the power of knowledge.
Tentative Schedule and Speakers:
(last Wednesday of every month, 1001 Bishop St Suite 2400 Honolulu, Hawaii 96813)
4 pm-7 pm (dinner/fellowship from 6-7 pm)
- July 27, 2022: NONPROFIT– Juliet Lighter-Kamm
- Be the change you want to see in the world
- Aug 31, 2022: PRIVATE EQUITY – Ben Ancheta
- Profit with a purpose
- Sept 28, 2022: SPORTS AND TEAMWORK – Greg Salas
- Success isn’t given; it’s earned
- Oct 26, 2022: BUSINESS NETWORKING GROUPS – Jamie Delgadillo
- Teamwork makes the dream work (EO Hawaii)
- Nov 30, 2022: VISITOR INDUSTRY – Mary Charles
- Go Hawaii!
- Jan 25, 2023: BUSINESS GROWTH – Eddie Flores
- Think BIG
- Feb 22, 2023: PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT – Craig Chong
- Birkmans Personality
- EOS Traction
- Mar 29, 2023: MEDIA – Lanai Tabura
- Breaking the norm
- Apr 26, 2023: STARTUP – Meli James
- Seeding Hawaii’s future
- May 31, 2023: GRADUATION – The Beginning (FilCom Ballroom)
- Shows leadership qualities.
- Displays potential for higher success.
- Of good character.
- Preference will be given to candidates with business/executive management acumen
- Prerequisites include the following:
- Owner/Founder or other key leader Title
- $100,000+ of Enterprise revenue and in business for 2+ years
- 2+ years of experience in a management/key leadership role
- Applicants may only be accepted to the program once.
Selection of Candidates
The Fellows will be selected based on submitted applications. A selection committee will review each application and narrow down the list to a final group of 10 participants.
Candidates will be notified no later than June 20, 2022 as to their acceptance in the program.
To apply, please click the button below!